Bang Bang Shrimp Recipe | Spicy Shrimp | Asian Food

I've heard nothing but raves about the Bonefish Grill in Atlanta, famous for it's Bang Bang Shrimp recipe. Have you ever had an appetizer or meal that was so yummy that you wanted to find a copycat recipe?

Seafood Recipes

I've been to Atlanta and wish I could have spent more time there so I could visit and try their zesty spicy shrimp dish first-hand myself.

Bang Bang Shrimp is rock shrimp, battered and cooked in a deep fryer then tossed in an Asian style Aioli sauce over shredded lettuce. To me, the Aoili Asian-style Thai Sauce tastes a bit like the special sauce from McD's, only spicy. However, Jamie Oliver describes it as "Aioli is a lovely fragrant and pungent type of mayonnaise."




This copycat recipe comes close. It can be adapted to use Panko bread crumbs instead of cornstarch, which will give the seafood a bit more substantial coating when deep-fat frying.

Bang Bang Shrimp Recipe


Here in New England, we love our seafood, especially during the summer when it's plentiful. You can make this seafood dish any time of the year using fresh shrimp or frozen shrimp.

Serve as an easy appetizer, or double the recipe and make a healthy Asian-style Thai dinner!

Easy clean-up with my crochet handmade Dish Cloths from my Moomettes Crochet shop!

Handmade Cotton Dish Cloths



Check out my Shrimp Gumbo Recipe too!

Copycat Bonefish Grill Bang Bang Shrimp Recipe

1 lb shrimp, shelled and deveined smaller shrimp works best
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
3 -5 drops hot chili sauce, just a few drops
1/2-3/4 cup cornstarch, to coat the shrimp in

Mix mayo and sauces for coating
Bread shrimp in cornstarch.
Deep fat fry the shrimp until lightly brown
Dain on paper towel, put shrimp in a bowl and coat with the sauce
Serve in a lettuce lined bowl, top with chopped scallions

Like my Recipes?  Buy me a Bag of Flour

© Frugal New England Kitchen