Noodle Kugel Recipe | Side Dish Casserole | Holiday Casseroles

 Every holiday when ourr extended family gets together to celebrate the holiday with a large buffet.  Traditionally, each of us usually brings our same specialty every year.  I usually bring Polish Kielbasa, and my niece brings a Noodle Kugel Casserole.  Since Covid, she wasn't able to come, and I wasn't about to suffer Kugel withdrawals, so I learned to make her recipe!

Noodle Kugel Recipe



Everyone enjoyed the custard texture - this casserole recipe weighed about 5 pounds I would say, so be sure to bake in a sturdy dish!


Noodle Kugel Recipe



It's delish, and the perfect blend of sweetness cinnamon, rich and eggy comfort food!  A Noodle Kugel casserole dish is welcome at any holiday celebration - Thanksgiving - Christmas - New Year's Eve or brunch or party!  Use a warming tray if serving a crowd/


Noodle Kugel Recipe

Try something different instead of potatoes!  Here's my recipe for Easter Kielbasa and my fun to make Easter Bunny Cake  This recipe is also great for a brunch to be served during Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas, New Years or any holiday party where there's a crowd.

My recipe for Bistro Baked Macaroni and Cheese is done in a water bath, and is also a party favorite.

Easy clean up in the kitchen with my Handmade Dish Cloths from Moomettes Crochet Shops!


Serve this Noodle Kugel in a pretty Casserole Dish for your family or guests.


Noodle Kugel

Ingredients:

1 package (1 lb.) Egg Noodles (I like to use Pennsylvania Dutch brand)

1/2 c. butter, melted

8 large eggs

2 c. sugar

2 c. sour cream

2 c. 4% cottage cheese

Topping:

3/4 c. cinnamon graham cracker crumbs (about 4 whole crackers)

3 Tbl. butter, melted

Directions:

1. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.  Toss with butter, set aside.  In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, sour cream and cottage cheese until well blended.  Stir in noodles.

2. Transfer to a greased 13 inch x 9 inch baking dish.  Combine the cracker crumbs and butter, sprinkle over top.

3. Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160 degrees.  Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.  Serve warm or cold.


Like my Recipes?  Buy me a Bag of Flour


© Frugal New England Kitchen