Baked Bean Casserole | Slow Cooker

New England Boston Baked Bean Casserole recipe with you. It was shared by a co-worker, and I use it all year long - it's great for summer picnics, barbecues, or you could make and take to brunch or holiday gatherings!

Boston Baked Beans Casserole



Baked Beans Casserole



If you'd like, it tastes delicious with a bit of New England Maple Syrup added too!

One of the best things I like about living in New England is Fall. I enjoy everything about it - the changing colors of the foliage; the sound of crisp leaves crunching under my feet as I take an evening walk; the smell of wood stoves burning; and trips to the cider mills.

Also right up there are comfort foods - which to me means casseroles and slow cookers!


New England Baked Bean Casserole


This baked bean recipe is a family favorite !  When I was a young girl, my mom would dice up hot dogs and cook in the baked beans and that would be our New England Supper, a hot dog casserole served with Boston Brown Bread !

Boston Baked Bean Casserole

Awhile back I had the opportunity to help vote for the Betty Crocker Casseroles dish magazine.  There were so many great recipes in there from all over the country.  This baked bean recipe, however, is a family favorite.  What's more New England than franks and beans on St. Patrick's Day?

I like to bring these baked beans in a crockpot to keep warm at parties.  They're always a hit, and go fast !  Easy to transport, too.


Easy kitchen clean up with Handmade Dish Cloths from Moomettes Crochet Shop !

Handmade Cotton Dish Cloths

Buy these pretty Handmade Dish Cloths directly via Paypal Here ! https://py.pl/jsWVD

Boston Baked Bean Casserole


1/4 cup oil or EVOO
2 chopped onions
1 lb  ground beef (or ground turkey, your choice)
1 tsp salt
2 tbl mustard
2 tsp cider vinegar
2 lb  pork & beans  (canned) (I always use B & M beans)
1 lb  kidney beans, drained
1 cup ketchup

Heat oil.
Saute onions until clear.
In same skillet, brown the ground beef (drain off some
grease if necessary).
Add the remaining ingredients.
Bake in a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes.

This recipe can also be cooked in a Crockpot or Slow Cooker on Low and served right from the pot.  It's very portable for buffets or parties! 

Like my Recipes?  Buy me a Bag of Flour


© Frugal New England Kitchen 

Copy Me That