Fresh Peach Pie Recipe

My family likes to visit Lyman Orchards pick-your-own orchard and gather some fresh, ripe peaches and when we do I like to try my hand at making a Peach Raspberry Pie recipe.

There's always a family-friendly event going on at Lyman's in Middlefield, Connecticut- Winterfest, hot air balloon rides, cookout! Plus the fresh fruits and baked goods in the Apple Barrel market are yummy too.

Now that my daughter and her family have moved from the burbs out to Petticoat Junction, I also pass many a local farm stand along the way to visit them.

Fruit Pie


I like fresh berries when they're in season and also make a mean cobbler.  I thought the addition of the big red berries would add some color to the fruit filling.  Also, I added some mace in addition to the cinnamon and nutmeg spices.

Did you know that Connecticut is known as the "Nutmeg" state?
Unofficially (but popularly) Connecticut is also known as "The Nutmeg State".

The nutmeg connection to Connecticut may come from its sailors returning from voyages with nutmeg (which in the 18th and 19th centuries was a very valuable spice in New England). It is also said to come from Connecticut Yankee peddlers who would sell small carved nobs of wood shaped to look like nutmeg to the local Native Americans and other unsuspecting customers.

Peach Pie with Strawberries


Everyone's heard of Georgia Peaches, but this is my adaptation of a traditional Connecticut recipe. Treat your family or dinner guests to this summer fruit recipe idea for casual entertaining and serve it as a fresh fruit dessert and top with your favorite homemade ice cream, whipped cream, Cool Whip or non-dairy topping for a happy ending to your meal!

My mom was a SAHM, and was much better at making her own pastry pie crust. I, sadly, resort to using a pre-made frozen double pie crust that can be rolled out. Fortunately, my charming son-in-law is a peach himself, and will eat mostly anything that I bake!

Check out my recipe for peach dump cake!

Peach Pie Recipe




Easy clean up with my Handmade Crochet Kitchen Dish Cloths available at Moomettes Crochet Shop !

Coral Peach Cotton Dish Cloths


Peach Pie Recipe

5 cups peeled, sliced ripe peaches
1 container fresh raspberries (optional)
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon mace (optional)
1/8 teaspoon salt
Pastry for a two crust nine-inch or ten-inch pie
1-1/2 cups sour cream

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
Combine the peaches, brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Line the bottom of a nine-inch or ten-inch pie plate with the rolled-out pastry.
Turn the fruit into the pie plate. Pour the sour cream over all. top with the remaining pastry, rolled out. Seal and decorate the edges and make a steam hole.
Bake 25-35 minutes, or until the pastry is golden


Like my Recipes?  Buy me a Bag of Flour


© Frugal New England Kitchen