Best Brunch Easy Cheesecake Recipe | Brunch

Here's one of my favorite Easy Cheesecake recipes using sour cream that I think is just the best!  I'd like to share it with you as it's a perfect sweet ending dessert for Holiday Brunch!

Easy Sour Cream New York Cheesecake


New York Cheesecake

I must admit I have a fondness for any type of cheesecake.  When I recently visited New York City to review the King Tut Exhibit at the Discovery Center, we just had to stop at Lindy's Restaurant for their famous New York Cheesecake before leaving!

Our family usually goes out to a favorite restaurant with a view of the waterfront down at the Connecticut shore for Mother's Day, but because of the current state of the economy, we'll be having a frugal celebration at home this year with my adult kids and the grandkids. Even if you've a hectic agenda, you can collect family, friends and acquaintances for a festive Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas Holiday or special occasion celebration. Entertaining can be comparatively carefree and low-cost if you plan an informal brunch.



New York Cheesecake


Over the years I've tried all types of cheesecake recipes - bake; no bake; chocolate; amaretto; mocha and; cheesecakes made with and without a crust.

This easy, simple recipe has been passed down to me by my sister-in-law (who makes it every Easter and Thanksgiving). Dress it up by garnishing with strawberry, blueberry or pineapple topping.  Because the texture is so creamy, it's delicious even served plain!

Easy New York Style Cheesecake Recipe



Serve it up for the holidays - simple cheesecake for Easter, Christmas, New Years or any time of the year!

Easy clean-up with my crochet handmade Dishcloths from my Moomettes Crochet Shops !



New York Cheesecake

1 -1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
8 tbl brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
6 tbl soft margarine

*Filling:*
3 (8-0z) cream cheese
1 -1/2 cup sugar
4 eggs
2 cup sour cream
1 cup whipping cream
3 tbl lemon juice
1/2 tsp vanilla

Soften cream cheese.
Beat in sugar till fluffy.
Add eggs one at a time and beat after each.
Add other ingredients.
Pour in 9" spring form pan.
Bake 1 hour at 350.
Turn off oven.
Leave in 1 hour longer.

Like my Recipes?  Buy me a Bag of Flour

© Frugal New England Kitchen 

Copy Me That