Homemade Sourdough English Muffins Recipe

 Do you enjoy English Muffins for breakfast?  Here's a recipe for homemade Disgard Sourdough English Muffins that are easy to make, freeze well, and are gut healthy.

I haven't bought any store breads since October of last year since I've learned (or should say, re-learned) and perfected (almost) how to make Sourdough.  

Sourdough English Muffin Recipes


Homemade Sourdough English Muffins Recipe

This easy homemade Sourdough English Muffin recipe is from Bim, in a Sourdough Geeks Facebook group I enjoy. This is the recipe I prefer to use, its easy, frugal and we enjoy sourdough bread health benefits for gut health.


Sourdough English Muffins


My little granddaughter enjoys them when she's over, and asked how they're made.  Even though she's 4 years old, I think she'll be a great helper in the kitchen when I make another batch.


Sourdough English Muffins


Sourdough English Muffins

After forming into balls, proof a bit, and then bake either in oven or Air Fryer to make certain inside is cooked through.  I decided this method worked best for me, and I got a much higher rise muffin.

Another recipe I had tried is from in a Facebook Group Sourdough Starters for Beginner Bakers of Bread and Sourdough from the Pantry Mama.

Sourdough English Muffins


Sourdough English Muffins



Sourdough English Muffins

This method calls for rolling out and then cutting the Sourdough English Muffins into your desired size.  Both methods included griddle or pan frying.  The Pantry Mama recipe does not include baking.

I'm trying to get out of my comfort zone and try different recipes, both with active starter and unfed sourdough starter (also known as 'Discard').

These Sourdough English Muffins are freezer-friendly, I like to make up a batch and use my FoodSaver Vacuum Sealer to always keep them on hand.

Easy kitchen cleanup with Handmade Dish Cloths from Moomettes Crochet

Handmade Cotton Dish Cloths

                                                         Handmade Cotton Dish Cloths


Handmade Cotton Dish Cloths

Sourdough baked goods are so much healthier than foods with artificial preservatives.
Here's a few recipes for getting started making Easy Sourdough Bread for Beginners

Sourdough English Muffins Recipe

600g All Purpose Flour (or 50/50 with Whole Wheat)

380g milk

150g starter

40g honey  (warm honey and milk somewhat)

3g salt

2 eggs

Mix together

Wet hands with flour, don't add more flour, form into 100g balls

Cornmeal is not recommended

Cook 4 minutes on each side in skillet

Bake 375 Degrees air fryer or oven for 4 Minutes

Makes about 12 muffins, 100g each when rolled into balls

Happy Baking ! 

Like my Recipes?  Buy me a Bag of Flour


© Frugal New England Kitchen 

Copy Me That


Happy Baking!