Easy Cake Mix Cookies Recipe | Cookie Shortcuts

'Is there always a gaggle of kids and teens in your house? Here's a new twist to making an easy cookies starting with a basic cake mix.  Cake Mix Cookies are quickly become our favorites!


Cake Mix Cookie Recipe

BASIC CAKE MIX COOKIES

I love to bake from scratch because I know the ingredients that go into my bakes, and can substitute what my family likes. However, oftentimes in a pinch I like to take baking shortcuts.  I learned this over  the years with some fantastic recipes from my co-workers.

Thanksgiving and Christmas are always so busy for everyone, which makes these Cake Mix Cookies a perfect choice to get your holiday baking on.  Baking with kids is a great way to celebrate the season.

No matter the season, school in session, February or April vacation, school is out for the summer, pool parties,  slumber parties, or just relaxing at home, cookies are always a favorite treat.

These Cake Mix cookies were made with a carrot cake mix and chocolate M&M's.  My next batch will be out of a German Cake Mix  and I'll be adding raisins.


For Christmas, I'll be whipping up Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies with white chocolate chips. Such a simple hack for a Cookie Swap ~ (Try my Red Devil Cheese Ball!)

Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies


I've been following Anne Byrn - the Cake Mix Doctor for many years, and recently made a Birthday Cake for my granddaughter.  Anne has a way of doctoring up Box Cake Mixes so that you'd be hard pressed to guess they started out as a mix and with a substitution and addition of a few ingredients, end up tasting as if you worked hours to get a homemade from scratch taste. There's recipes for frostings, icings, bars and cakes.

Cake Mix Doctor Birthday Cake


I adapted the recipe in order to get the feel of a homemade from scratch dough. The dough is going to be STICKY no matter if you refrigerate it ahead of time, so I just deal with it.  These cookies are so worth it!

Easy Cake Mix Cookies Recipe



You can check out my recipe for Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cake Mix Cookies here.

 So if you're busy and want to wow them at the soccer game, birthday party, Halloween Thanksgiving or Christmas, give these cake mix cookies a try!

Easy Cake Mix Cookies Recipe


Pirouline Cookies

Pirouline Cookies

This is another cookie hack I like to make - although not made from a cake mix cookie recipe, it's delish - simple Creme de Pirouline hazelnut cookies dipped in white or dark chocolate and decorated with shots or jimmies. Everyone loves them

Easy clean up with Handmade Dish Cloths from Moomettes Crochet Shop

Handmade Cotton Dish Cloths

CARROT CAKE MIX COOKIES RECIPE


Ingredients

1 box (18.25 oz) Carrot Cake Mix (I prefer Duncan Hines)
2 eggs
1/3 to 1/2 c. vegetable oil (I start out with 2 Tbl. and then add 1 Tbl. at a time if needed)
Chocolate M&M's or Raisins (or whatever choice of additions you wish to add)


Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Line cookie sheets with parchment paper
Mix ingredients together with a wooden spoon - starting out with 2 Tbl. oil and add more if needed
Mixture will be sticky.
If it's still too sticky, add extra flour, 1 Tablespoon at a time.
Mix in additions (candies, raisins, whatever you'd like)
Refrigerate dough for 1/2 hour.
Form dough into 1 inch balls
Place 1 inch apart on parchment-lined cookie sheet
Bake 9-13 minutes.  (I found 10 minutes to be good for my oven, I like the cookies somewhat browned, but still chewy.  I eyeball for doneness.

Remove and let cool completely.

Can be frozen.

Like my Recipes?  Buy me a Bag of Flour


© Frugal New England Kitchen 

Copy Me That