Cake Mix Cookies | Pumpkin Snickerdoodles | Pumpkin Recipes

Who doesn't enjoy a delicious Snickerdoodle Cookie?  Here's a new twist to making an easy spicy cinnamon Pumpkin Snickerdoodle with a basic cake mix.  Or, you could leave the pumpkin out and make it everyone's favorite cookie. Yes, read on!

Pumpkin Snickerdoodles - Cake Mix Cookies

Snickerdoodles Cake Mix Cookies Recipe





Cake Mix Snickerdoodle Cookies


I've been following Anne Byrn - the Cake Mix Doctor for many years, and recently made a Birthday Cake for my granddaughter.  Anne has a way of doctoring up Box Cake Mixes so that you'd be hard pressed to guess they started out as a mix and with a substitution and addition of a few ingredients, end up tasting as if you worked hours to get a homemade from scratch taste. There's recipes for frostings, icings, bars and cakes.

Cake Mix Doctor Birthday Cake


I adapted the recipe in order to get the feel of a homemade from scratch dough. The dough is going to be STICKY no matter if you refrigerate it ahead of time, so I just deal with it.  These cookies are so worth it!

Cake Mix White Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Snickerdoodles

I couldn't find any Pumpkin Pie spice in the stores so I made my own (I just eyeball measurements - Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Ground cloves, if you have it).

Cake Mix White Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Snickerdoodles


Next time, I might try making these with a Spice Cake mix.

 So if you're busy and want to wow them at the soccer game, birthday party, Halloween or Thanksgiving, give these cake mix cookies a try!

Cake Mix White Chocolate Chip Snickerdoodle Cookies

Easy clean up with Handmade Dish Cloths from Moomettes Crochet Shop: 

Handmade Cotton Dish Cloths

  


White Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies Recipe


Ingredients

1 box (18.25 oz) Yellow or Golden Cake Mix (I prefer Duncan Hines)
1 egg
1/2 c. canned Pumpkin (Not Puree)
1/4 to 1/3 c. vegetable oil (I start out with 2 Tbl. and then add 1 Tbl. at a time if needed)
3 Tbl. Granulated Sugar
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. mace or ground cloves

Extra Granulated Sugar and Cinnamon for rolling

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Line cookie sheets with parchment paper
Mix ingredients together with a wooden spoon - starting out with 2 Tbl. oil and add more if needed
Mixture will be sticky.
If it's still too sticky, add extra flour, 1 Tablespoon at a time.
Refrigerate dough for 1/2 hour.
Form dough into 1 inch balls
Roll each ball in the extra cinnamon and sugar mixture
Place 1 inch apart on parchment-lined cookie sheet
Bake 9-13 minutes.  (I found 13 minutes to be good for my oven, I like the cookies somewhat browned, but still chewy.  I eyeball for doneness.

Remove and place on cooling rack, let cool completely.

Can be frozen. 

Like my Recipes?  Buy me a Bag of Flour


© Frugal New England Kitchen