Sweet Potato Soup Recipe | Winter Soup | Crockpot Soup

This mouth-watering easy winter soup recipe is chock full of sweet potato puree and caramelized onions. Sweet Potato Soup is a healthy dinner idea for a cold fall or winter night or snow day! Vegetarian too!

Sweet Potato Soup


Hearty Soup Recipe 


I like to cook plenty of fall and winter soups, whether in my crockpot or simmering on the back burner. Usually I make my soups on a Sunday and serve as a Sunday dinner.

Most times I always cook a big batch of soup to give away to my daughters. Check out all of my other easy soup recipes recipes to make

Sweet Potato Soup Recipe



I try to cook the best soup recipes for the freezer. That way, there's always an easy meal available that can be served with a fresh loaf of homemade bread that I bake, such as my artisan Sourdough bread, or make in my breadmaker, such as my favorite Irish Soda Bread.

Easy clean up in the kitchen with Handmade Dish Cloths from Moomettes Crochet Shop !




Sweet Potato Soup


 4-5 Sweet Potatoes or Yams, peeled and cubed
1 lb. Bacon - cup up small and fried in separate pan
2-3 stalks celery, chopped
2 carrots, peeled and shredded
6 c. Emeril's Organic Chicken stock or Vegetable stock
1/2 stick Cabot Butter
2 c. Milk
1 c. onions, caramelized

In a large stock pot, cook sweet potatoes/yams in chicken broth and add carrots, celery and fried bacon with the grease to the soup. The flavor of the bacon is in the bacon grease.
Add butter and cook about one (1) hour on stovetop or on Low in Crockpot or Slow Cooker for 2-4 hours
Using a blender or hand-held immersion blender carefully puree the soup with the milk, a little at a time, in a food processor .
After blending all the soup, add sherry, salt and pepper to taste.
Garnish the soup with balsamic caramelized Spanish onions for added taste and texture.

Notes

Omit bacon, and use Vegetable stock for a vegetarian soup.

Like my Recipes?  Buy me a Bag of Flour


© Frugal New England Kitchen 






Adapted from: Never Enough Thyme - American Hotel