Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore | Easy Freezer Meal Recipes for Slow Cooker

By using your crockpot or slow cooker more often, take advantage of sales on beef and chicken, and try making several cheap crock pot recipes such as this Freezer Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore.

                                                Freezer Dump Meals Chicken Cacciatore

Freezer Meals Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore


I've been trying to take advantage of B1G1 grocery sales on meat and chicken lately to make ahead using easy freezer meal recipes. Oftentimes I find some great buys on chicken at my local Aldi.

Usually I cook dinner for two at night, but even though my family is grown, our grocery bill expenses haven't gone down since when the kids lived at home.  I still prepare most of my large meals on the weekends, and have everyone over for Sunday dinner, holidays and special occasions. How many trips do you make to the grocery store each month? How many of those are planned? You could be spending extra money each month by taking those unplanned trips.  Planning your meals ahead of time can take the impulse shopping out of your grocery budget.

Meal Planning Helps Lower The Grocery Bill


Another kitchen tip is that I've been doing some OAMC and preparing some frozen meals starters ahead and put them in a freezer bag. Saves me time as most of the prep work is then done ahead.


Crock Pot Chicken Cacciatore

Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore



 Kitchen cleaning is easy with my crochet Handmade Dish Cloths that I make. Find them at my Moomettes Crochet Shop!

Handmade Cotton Dish Cloths Washcloths Peach

Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore


 3 lbs chicken breasts, cut up in pieces; or boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 large onion, thinly sliced
2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
6 ounces (one can) sliced mushrooms
1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
1 green zucchini squash, chopped
1 red pepper, finely chopped
1 can Diced Tomatoes
2 -4 garlic cloves, minced
1 package Good Seasonings Italian Salad Dressing Mix
1 Tbl. Lawry's Seasoned Salt
1 Tbl.Old Bay Seasoningfor Poultry mix
2 Tbl. Kraft Minute Tapioca
Cooked, pasta, spaghetti, linguine or egg noodles (if desired)
2 one-gallon Zip-Lock Freezer bags

Trim any fat off chicken. Cut chicken into 1 inch cubes.
Chop and dice veggies
Divide into two portions and add everything to freezer bags, shaking well.
Release air from freezer bags.
Mark freezer bags with date and type of meal.
Cook in slow cooker on low for 6-8 hours
Serve over pasta of choice 

Like my Recipes?  Buy me a Bag of Flour


© Frugal New England Kitchen 

Copy Me That