Low Carb Apple Muffins | Diet Friendly Apple Muffins

Autumn is a wonderful time to whip up a batch of Apple Muffins for your family. If you can't get out and do some apple picking, stop by your local farm stand!  This version is  Low-Carb Cinnamon Apple Spice Muffins and are perfect for an autumn breakfast. They can be part of a Low-carb, Keto, Paleo, Atkins, Diabetic, LC/HF, Gluten-free, or grain-free diet.

Low Carb Apple Muffins Recipe


In an effort to loose some weight I've changed up my way of cooking and trying to eat healthier.  I had lot 10 pounds since August just by doing a Dirty Keto, Low-Carb diet and watching my Macros.  Since then, I have switched to the Mediterranean Diet way of eating, which I think is a bit more forgiving.  I've lost 16 pounds by changing my eating habits.

Low Carb Apple Muffins Recipe


The My Fitness Pal app helps keep track of my calories, carbohydrates, proteins and sugars and Macros while the Carb Manager App help me to track of the carbs. Both apps are available in Google Play.

I found the Bob's Red Mill Almond Flour at my local Ocean State Job Lot, which was having a sale on Red Mills products.  You can also find Almond Flour at Aldi.  I am going to try this with White Whole Wheat flour from King Arthur.

Low Carb Apple Muffin Ingredients

I've always used my favorite Oatmeal Apple Muffins recipe that is not Low Carb.  That's been my go-to fall apple muffin recipe.

I think that the texture in this low carb recipe came out a little differently - perhaps it's the Almond Flour and the 4 eggs.  While my husband thought they tasted fine, I might just continue with my original Oatmeal Apple Muffins recipe when serving to family and friends, and keep this recipe when it's just the two of us.

If you're not concerned with carbs, these Oatmeal Apple Muffins are terrific too!


Low Carb Apple Muffins


Easy clean up in the kitchen with Handmade Cotton Dish Cloths from Moomettes Crochet Shop.

Handmade Cotton Dish Cloths Kitchen Washcloths

LOW CARB APPLE MUFFINS RECIPE

Ingredients   
Preparation time: 12 minute
Cooking time: 15 minutes

2 1/2 cups superfine almond flour
3/4 cup granulated stevia/erythritol blend
1 teaspoon grain-free baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 cup butter melted, or extra virgin olive oil
4 large eggs
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk, or 1% milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 ounces Granny Smith apple (about 1 small) peeled, seeded, and finely diced (I used two)

Preparation Method

Preheat oven to 350ยบ Fahrenheit. Prepare a muffin pan by lining it with muffin papers or spraying lightly with coconut oil.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, granulated Stevia/erythritol blend, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt until well blended.

Whisk in the butter or coconut oil. The mixture will appear mealy.

In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, almond milk, and vanilla extract.

Pour egg mixture into the dry ingredients and stir together. Stir in diced apple.

Spoon batter into the prepared muffin pan, filling each 2/3 to 3/4 of the way full.

Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the top springs back when lightly touched.

Allow to cool 5-10 minutes in the pan, then remove from the baking pan and allow to finish cooling on a cooling rack.

Like my Recipes?  Buy me a Bag of Flour


© Frugal New England Kitchen