Pumpkin Recipes | Gingerbread Trifle | Cake Mix Desserts

Fall is all about the Great Pumpkin!  Enjoy pumpkin picking,  leaf peeping and beautiful autumn foliage!  Enjoy this easy Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle compote - use either canned pumpkin squash or the real thing!

Pumpkin Recipes

Gingerbread Trifle Pumpkin Dessert


I'd have to say Fall is my favorite season.  Perhaps because I've lived in New England all of my life, I take it for granted that people everywhere enjoy the changing seasons - the changing colors of the leaves, kids going back to school and Halloween.  When I was a kid, people used to rake and then burn their leaves that fell from the trees - but I guess now the EPA has put an end to that with environmental conservation laws and air pollution.  Yet I can still remember that smell of burning leaves in the air that meant fall was here.

We celebrate my granddaughter's birthday this October.  Instead of a traditional birthday cake, we enjoyed Butterscotch Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle.  Gingerbread isn't only for Christmas desserts!

Fall Treats


This delightful easy fall treat dessert compote was made using box cake mix, boxed Butterscotch Pudding and Pumpkin Pie filling.

For an extra treat, top with crushed Heath  Bar Crunch Bits 'O Brickle Toffee Bits and Whipped Topping!

This quick pudding dessert is a treat for any Halloween party and would be magnificent idea for Thanksgiving desserts too!


Easy kitchen cleaning with these Handmade Dish Cloths from Moomettes Crochet Shop 

Handmade Cotton Dish Cloths

Check out my Strawberry Peach Trifle Recipe too! 

I also have recipes for Pumpkin Cake Mix Cookies that are awesome and so EASY!

Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle Recipe


1 can of canned pumpkin pie filling (or use your own recipe
2 boxes of Royal or Jello Brand  Butterscotch Pudding (prepared) (I prefer a cooked pudding mix)
2 boxes of Betty Crocker Gingerbread Cake mix (prepared)
whipped topping (for garnish)

Prepare all ingredients according to directions.
Alternate layers in Trifle Bowl or Compote Bowl
Refrigerate until chilled and ready to serve
Garnish with whipped topping

Like my Recipes?  Buy me a Bag of Flour


© Frugal New England Kitchen