Strawberry Peach Trifle Recipe | Trifle Bowl Desserts | Party Food

For an easy, refreshing summer dessert using fresh fruit, try making Trifle bowl desserts with this favorite Strawberry Peach Trifle recipe! It's related to Peach Melba.

Trifle Bowl Desserts




Strawberry Peach Trifle


I made this yummy Strawberry Peach Trifle once for my charming son-in-law's birthday.  Trifle Bowl Desserts are so easy to make.  He enjoys Angel Food Cake, so I always try to incorporate the sponge cake into a birthday cake recipe for him.

One of the gals in my office is always bringing in Trifle to celebrate special occasions, and I've been gathering quite a collection of trifle dessert recipes on my Pinterest Boards for pinspiration!

This fresh fruit recipe was just something I happened to throw together in a pinch yesterday, after I got finished scraping wallpaper from my upstairs bathroom, which I'm redecorating.

But now the real story begins!

I found a great elegant Trifle bowl to replace my smaller Trifle bowl that I've had for years.  The new one is quite heavy, even when empty.

Peach Strawberry Trifle Dessert


Both my grandson and son-in-law have summer birthdays. Years ago we celebrated with a family birthday party for Slugger on Saturday, and a joint party to finish the leftovers on Sunday.

I put together the fruit trifle and had it in a freezer bag on my lap in the car.  As my husband backed out of the driveway, it tipped over, all about 4 pounds of it. A new Summer Olympic Sport was born!  Catch The Trifle Bowl Desserts Save - and I won a Gold Medal!

In the process, I broke and dislocated the joint in my pinky finger on my right hand, which happens to be my dominant (read - mouse) hand.  Both hubby and youngest daughter voted right then and there to eat dinner first, and worry about me going to the ER or Walk-In Clinic later, after dinner. So after a visit to the Emergency Room later that night; some x-rays, a huge long needle as a pain blocker, and a realignment of my finger from a 45 degree angle I was in a splint for 6 weeks and had an appointment with my Orthopaedist!

He's actually turning out to be my buddy since he put together my broken wrist when I fell off a scooter when on vacation in Bermuda!

 But it didn't stop me from crocheting my handmade Dish Cloths for my Moomettes Crochet shop!

Farmhouse Handmade Kitchen Dish Cloths
Buy these pretty Handmade Cotton Dish Cloths directly Here via Paypal https://py.pl/JBWE0

Anyhow, enjoy this easy pudding Strawberry Peach Trifle Recipe and make it as simple or fancy as you please! You can serve for brunch, or bring for a party foods, Pot Luck and it will always be a crowd pleaser!  I guess I can say you can even make it out of Lady Fingers!

My other Strawberry recipes that are yummy - 

If  you enjoy peaches, check out my recipe for Peach Dump Cake!

Strawberry Peach Trifle Recipe

1 lb fresh strawberries, hulled
4 ripe peaches
1/3 c. confectioners sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 pkgs. Jello instant vanilla pudding
3-3/4 c. milk
1 8 oz. container Cool Whip dairy topping
Strawberry jam (optional)
1 store-bought or homemade Angel Food Cake

Wash, hull and cut up strawberries.
Wash, skin and dice peaches.
Stir and whip together milk, vanilla and Jello instant pudding mix.
Fold in one-half container of the Cool Whip dairy topping into pudding mixture, then set aside and refrigerate until ready to use.
Break up Angel Food cake into bite size pieces.

Assembly:
Alternate layers of Angel Food Cake, strawberries, peaches, pudding mixture and strawberry jam (if desired)
Frost with remaining Cool Whip mixture.
Garnish as desired.
Refrigerate until ready to serve. 

Like my Recipes?  Buy me a Bag of Flour


© Frugal New England Kitchen