Tastefully Simple | Beer Bread Recipe

One of my family’s favorite comfort foods is homemade bread, and one of my favorite breads is this Beer Bread recipe from Tastefully Simple.


Tastefully Simple Beer Bread

The seasons have changed and I’m back into my baking mode! Don’t you just love it when the scents and aroma coming out of the kitchen seem to scream Comfort Food?

Homemade Bread Recipe


When I was a little girl, my mom was a stay at home mom, and spent her days clipping recipes from newspapers and women’s magazines such as Family Circle and Good Housekeeping.  To this day I still have a Ziploc storage bag full of her clipped recipes and handwritten favorite family recipes.

Mom often made a homemade yeast bread recipe from Dill Weed.  We called it Dilly Bread.

When I would run in the back door when school got out, I could tell that my mom had made from scratch Dill Weed bread recipe because that wonderful herb scent would be the first to greet me!  Often that loaf of warm bread right out of the oven would still be on the counter, just waiting for me to slice into it and slather it with real butter from Guida’s Dairy, here in Connecticut!  Those were the days when the milkman would make home delivery of eggs, butter and milk in glass bottles right to a little silver insulated box next to our doorstep.

I enjoy cooking and baking, skills I learned from my mom, and wish I had more time to spend being a creative cook.  With such an active lifestyle incorporating a  full-time job, part-time blogger as well as being a mom and grandmom, I now look for recipes that are easy and simple.  I like to cook and bake with recipes that taste exactly as if home made from scratch.  So I fudge a little!

One of my new favorite quick bread recipes is the Bountiful Beer Bread Recipe from Tastefully Simple which can be ordered online or is available at home tasting parties.  It’s so easy to make because it’s a beer bread mix and there’s no kneading or rising time and the only thing I need to add is beer or any carbonated beverage of choice!  I could make it with Dr. Pepper, Coke or Pepsi, or even seltzer water!

The possibilities are endless for using this recipe for beer bread recipe:

  • Make grilled cheese sandwiches with bacon and tomatoes

  • Use cubed bread for bread pudding

  • Spread with Spinach & Herb Dip; top with deli smoked turkey and lettuce.

Easy clean up in the kitchen with Handmade Dish Cloths from Moomettes Crochet Shop





You can even add your own variations by creating a magnificent corn bread substituting beer with a 16 oz. can of creamed corn and 1/3 cup oil.

In a matter of minutes, your house will be filled with the mouth-watering aroma of freshly baked bread. It’s the perfect companion to dips and Autumn soups.

Like my Recipes?  Buy me a Bag of Flour


© Frugal New England Kitchen 

Personal Review Opinions Are My Own